Soy "Massage" Candle??

I gave my stepmom some soy tarts I made for Christmas and she asked if they could be used as hand lotion. I guess she got some soy massage candles last summer where she could use the melted soy as a hand moisturizer. I've never heard of this through all of my research on making tarts - does anyone have info about these and how to make them?

Thanks!

One of the Christmas shows I did had a lady selling massage candles and I went and tried it out but found it really weird. The wax dripped along the side of the tin when I poured it and my hands were an oily greasy mess. It was the first one I ever tried so have no idea if this is how they are all made but I wasn't crazy about it.

I like them and I've been making them for almost a year now. I took a workshop on them last spring.

They are a blend of foodgrade soy wax, vegi butters and oils. I've been using GB 415.

On liquid oils you don't want to use more than 5%. I've used Jojoba, Grapeseed, Olive and Hempseed.

Butters you can use up to 20%. I've used Mango,Shea and Cocoa

76 Coconut Oil you can use up to 30% but I've never used that much.

FOs no more than 2% total weight.

I don't use any colorants.

Usually I calucuate my recipe at 75% Soy, 5% oils and 20% butters. You'll want to over wick so you get a larger meltpool fast. I don't recommend keeping lit more than 1 hour. And having a small plastic or wooden scoop helps when scooping it in your hand but my hubby and I have used our finger tips just as well.

I don't have a problem with it being a greasy mess. It absorbs really well and leaves my skin and hands super soft. I definitely recommend dipping your fingers as opposed to pouring into your hand. A little bit on the finger tips goes a long way.

Also keep in mind that you're supposed to blow it out before you start dipping. I always have to remember to light a second candle before blowing out the massage candle otherwise I'm giving a back rub in the dark. LOL.

I gave some of these out on the last swap I hosted but I haven't gotten any feedback. I haven't been selling them but my friend who took the workshop with me has sold quite a few.