Oils for burners

pixisprkl

I don't want to beat this subject like a dead horse.... but am curious about a couple things.

I have been testing these with olive oil and have been really happy with the results. How many others use olive oil? Have you run into any trouble using the OO?

Also, what type of bottles do you use for resale?

While I love the amber bottles.... cost wise, the plastic are a much better choice. Almost all oils I purchase are in plastic (with the exception of one company) and I have never had a problem with the oils going bad.

Does anyone here sell them in the plastic bottles and if so... how do your customers react? Do they give a rats behind about the bottling?

Thanks for the help! :smiley2:

I package mine in plastic HDPE bottles and use a flip lid. I considered switching since I prefer the looks of the amber better but after inquiring with my customers they don't care and would rather have the lower price of the plastic vs the additional cost of the amber. I sell bunches of the oils . . .

So nope - my customers don't give a rats behind :laugh2:

That is exactly what I was curious about. :grin2:

I love the looks of the Amber...but cost and shipping to me is much higher than the plastic.

Where do you get the flip tops from?? I will have to do some searching for those....

Do you use DPG for your oils...and if you do, do you notice a chemical smell at all?

Thanks for your response... it is helpful!

Where do you get the flip tops from?? I will have to do some searching for those....

I get my flip tops at various suppliers, where ever I am placing an order for other things to save on shipping costs. The Candlemaker's Store, Alabaster, WSP . . .typically I pay .15 cents each. I have found that WSP - Bottles and Tops are the best price for the 1 oz HDPE bottles

Do you use DPG for your oils...and if you do, do you notice a chemical smell at all?

I haven't ever noticed a chemical smell with DPG, it is what I have always used. I tested Olive Oil when I was out of the DPG and that works in a pinch. I buy the DPG by the gallon at Alabasters.

Hope that helps ya :D

I also use DPG & have never had a problem with it - I get mine from WSP as its the most reasonable....I use glass dropper bottles from Specialty Bottles...my customers really like them as they can control how many drops they want....If you would like to see a picture of them; they are on my website.

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com

I also use DPG & have never had a problem with it - I get mine from WSP as its the most reasonable....I use glass dropper bottles from Specialty Bottles...my customers really like them as they can control how many drops they want....If you would like to see a picture of them; they are on my website.

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com

I like that bottle... :) And I love your maxi slippers!

Thank you for the help! I have read every thread here about burner oils...

I will always have wax melts as an option... but I get a lot of requests for oils. Doesn't bother me none considering the cost of wax and shipping. :undecided

Your so welcomed.....I was also asked to do the oils from alot of elderly customers - so, that is why I have added them....I too will also keep doing the tarts/melts as different people like different things; so we gotta please everyone:yay:

Thanks for the compliment on my Maxi Slippers:p

Since you put the oils in such a small bottle, just how does it work? Are they used in the t-lite warmers that use water? I used them a long time ago but hated the water running out. Are these different. and do you use the same ratio as you use when making tarts? 1oz -1.5oz per lb of oil as apposed to wax?

Since you put the oils in such a small bottle, just how does it work? Are they used in the t-lite warmers that use water? I used them a long time ago but hated the water running out. Are these different. and do you use the same ratio as you use when making tarts? 1oz -1.5oz per lb of oil as apposed to wax?

I have been testing mine with an electric burner and a t-lite. I do not add water to either. I have been testing a ratio of 25-50% oo and the rest is FO... for a total of 1oz. Most of them work good with 25% oo... there is a couple "give you a headache" scents that I up'd the oo on.

So far so good. I like them a lot... and for the scents I love but can't get a huge throw from in wax, the oils are perfect. :smiley2:

Brenda gave me a lot of help with my questions. I mix mine with DPG only - 70% DPG, 30% FO. Light steam (we determined it was steam and not smoke), and it smells FABULOUS. Even my lighter scents do well.

Putting them up for sale today after several months of testing them. I too got a lot of requests, but wanted to make sure every scent did well and have a few burners to go with them. L&V helped with the burners - they have great stuff.

So your using about 50% OO or DPG and 50% FO. Putting that in the 1oz bottles and selling them to put in the warmers. Do you use the whole bottle in the warmers? or just a few drops? If your using a ceramic or glass warmer don't you need at least 1/2 to 1 oz of mix? I bet that is nice and strong. How long do they last, the scent throw? Sounds nice. I have 1/4 oz bottles I use to rescent my schaets but they are a pain to fill. I'll have to try a few drops in my warmer to see how it does. Thanks

So your using about 50% OO or DPG and 50% FO. Putting that in the 1oz bottles and selling them to put in the warmers. Do you use the whole bottle in the warmers? or just a few drops? If your using a ceramic or glass warmer don't you need at least 1/2 to 1 oz of mix? I bet that is nice and strong. How long do they last, the scent throw? Sounds nice. I have 1/4 oz bottles I use to rescent my schaets but they are a pain to fill. I'll have to try a few drops in my warmer to see how it does. Thanks

I use 70% DPG or OO and 30% FO in a 1 oz bottle to be used for the warmers. A 50/50 ratio can be used but I have found that the 70/30 mix is more profitable cause the DPG is less expensive than the FO and the throw was very close to the same.

I bottle in a 1 oz HDPE plastic bottle with a flip lid. As far as how much I use depends on the size of my burner. Oil burners typically have a smaller dish area than per se a tart warmer. I don't usually measure. anywhere from a few drops to 1/4 oz.

I have found a t-lite warmer usually gets hotter than an electric warmer and the scent is burnt off a bit quicker. As Miss Mary stated they will have a steaming affect as the oils are warmed.

Let us know what you think as you test some.