whats the best thing to fill gift baskets with before you place your products in?

KJohnson

I use the shredded wood excelcior from Nashville Wraps. I fill up most of the space with wadded up newspaper (for bigger, deeper baskets) and cover with the excelcior. Shallower baskets don't need the newspaper. HTH.

Thank you great idea..I do have some deeper baskest and wondering how to fill with out adding to the price

Thanks a bunch!

Our local newspaper producer sells end rolls from the papers from $2-$4 and you get quite a bit on a roll. They are sort of grey in color and very heavy but I use mine for everything...covering the table for the kids to do their painting on, basket stuffing under the basket filler, drawer liners, etc. I'm using the same roll for about a year now.

If the basket is deeper than I would like it to be I put styrofoam in it and cover that with crinkled paper shreds. I don't like that hard green styrofoam you find in craft stores. I like the soft, white stuff that is used in packing. Since I get a lot of deliveries I save it and use it as needed. You can secure the styrofoam to the basket with hot glue, double sided tape, or "glue dots." Then be generous with the paper, since it usually mashes down if you have an item of much weight.