Soy Candles and Tarts Sinking in Center... Why?

My wife and I are new to making candles. We want to make a lot of candles, and then sell them in local markets.

We have a problem when making glass containers and even the tarts. There is ALWAYS sinking in the center. With the containers the sinking always makes holes it is so bad.

I have heard about 2nd pouring. Do you always need to do this with soy wax containers?

What about the Tarts? You can not really second pour the tarts because they are so small to begin with.

Your help is really appreciated.

My wife and I want to be some of the ones helping others at a later date. :)

You didn't say what your pour temp is, but it sounds like you are pouring too hot. You need to let the wax cool down to 100* or less. Let it cool until it starts to thicken a little, and then pour into your jars or tart cups.

You don't need to use Vybar with soy. It is to help fragrance oil to bind with the wax, but it's not need with soy at all.

Sandi

When my soy containers sink a little or crack around the wick I just heat gun the tops smooth again. I don't really need to do a second pour but you can if you want. I do this with soy votives too. Tarts I don't really have a problem with. I use pillar soy for my tarts.

Also you can try adding a tbsp of 76mp Coconut Oil to help prevent cracking. Coconut oil as an additive really helped solve a lot of problems I have with soy.

I've never heard of using vybar in soy. In paraffin I would use it to increase opaqueness and help the wax hold a higher % FO load. But I don't know if the same applies to soy when using vybar.