Big problem with rubber candle molds

rtuss

I have rubber molds that were created specifically for a candle that we make. The problem is that some of the molds produce candles that have a white coating on them. This coating does not brush off. (Almost seems like hundreds of teeny tiny bubbles).

A finishing step in making the candles is to quickly run a heat gun over the candle. I thought maybe that would burn the "film" off, but instead, it orange peels the surface and ruins the whole candle!

Any ideas on what can be causing this? I use a fully refined paraffin wax with gloss poly additive and dye. That is it. Not sure if this has to do with temperature of the molds (I have experimented a bit and this doesn't seem to be a factor, but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions. :)

I have rubber molds that were created specifically for a candle that we make. The problem is that some of the molds produce candles that have a white coating on them. This coating does not brush off. (Almost seems like hundreds of teeny tiny bubbles).

A finishing step in making the candles is to quickly run a heat gun over the candle. I thought maybe that would burn the "film" off, but instead, it orange peels the surface and ruins the whole candle!

Any ideas on what can be causing this? I use a fully refined paraffin wax with gloss poly additive and dye. That is it. Not sure if this has to do with temperature of the molds (I have experimented a bit and this doesn't seem to be a factor, but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions. :)

It might be the temp you are pouring. I haven't used rubber molds in a long time, but remember the white cast. Try pouring hotter. HTH

PamR