Vybar or USA?

LOL, I have a blend that I've been working on for a while and it's good but just needs a little "something", hehe. I just wasn't sure which one to add ... vybar is for paraffin ... USA is for soy ... I'm a little confused as to which one would work best in a blend? I should add that the blend is 50/50.

Since I don't add anything I can't give any solid help... but I would start with what wax do you think is lacking? Are your tops not smooth enough, not creamy enough etc.... if you can determine what wax is the slacker, you might be able to "help it along". LOL

It might also help if you state which soy and which paraffin you are blending. I know when I started I used ecosoya pure.... it did NOT play as nice as 415 does. Hopefully someone can comment on your waxes and help you more.

Good Luck

Thanks FunFlames for your replys! I'm blending 4627 and 415. I have a lot of both and was trying to use the wax up (these are just for me personally ... not selling them). I'm using quality FO's (CS,MC,Peak) ... I've tested from 6% up to9% (don't want to go any higher than that) ... the scent throw is "OK" but not wonderful which really surprises me because 4627 has a really good HT ... also this blend seems to need to be a little "harder". Any help would be appriciated! Thanks.

Thanks ... you know, I love the HTP with the 4627 ... the problem I've been having with this blend has been the "dag-gone" things keep falling over! They aren't drowning out ... they just bend over at about the 3 hr. burn point! Crazyest thing I've seen ... lol. After they cool and you relight them they burn fine until the melt pool gets going and then it happens all over again. Maybe this is the down side of blending your own, LOL.

I love my own blend.... it is great and there is a sence of satisfaction from creating it! LOL

It sounds like the mp is getting too hot. Have you checked the temp when it starts falling over? That is strange. Is it getting too deep?

What size container and what size wick are you trying?

I am sorry I can not be more help. You really do have a dilema on your hands.

FunFlames, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to reply ... you've been more help than you know, lol! Sometimes it just helps bouncing a problem off of another chandler ... kicking things back and forth tends to take the frustration out of the problem, lol.

I hadn't thought about the melt pool being to hot ... I'll bet you're right. I knew it was getting to deep at the 3 hr. mark ... average between an inch and a half to two inches deep. I'm double wicking a 16 oz. apothacary ... with HTP 83's. I went down to 73's but they weren't big enough, I did try the 104's but they were way to hot and there was no throw with the 93's. I usually don't have any trouble double wicking but this one has had me scratching my head, lol.

I'll try the vybar and maybe kick up the amount of soy just a tad. I hope I can get this to work, it'd be a shame to waist all of this wax. I do have another blend that I usually use and I just love it, I stumbled onto it by accident one day and have used it every since. I must have got to sure of myself though cause this 4627 blend has sure been a humbling experience .... LOL! :D

You are welcome.....

I have my double wicking down to 2 cd6's in my 16oz apothecary jar. I have found i really needed to wick down. I will try 2 5's when I get back to testing it more. It didn't make much sence to me, but someone suggested it (and explained it), so I tried and it worked.

I would try 2 HTP41 or 52's in your 50/50 blend. It seems small, but you are really wicking 2 slightly under 2 inch containers. The 73 might have seemed too small because they didn't have enough oxygen for the size wick so did not burn as hot as they should have.

I think you will be shocked at what you can obtain from the smaller wicks.

Good Luck