My local supplier is bringing GB 444

I worked with C-3 for the last four years and now I'm forced to switch. How different is 444 to C-3 when pouring and curing. I've always used 1.5oz PP FO too. C-3 I aways did two pours for smooth tops and poured at 170 180. I still plan to do two pours for great tops.

I need a fondation of instruction for a spring point in pouring and testing.

Fire

Oh Fire, this is not good news. :cry2: I think we may purchase from the same supplier. Ughh.

Well, luckily, I still have 200lbs of the very last of the C-3 they carried.

With the holiday season coming, I'm not looking forward to testing a new wax. Why is it that every time something huge goes wrong with wax, it's at the holiday time? GRRRRRR.

Dawn, I get mine in Dover, Ohio. That local for me!

Fire

I love my 444 and always do only 1 pour. I get the best results pouring around 110. Sorry I haven't tried C3 but the 444 has a great hot throw!

What size Jar are you pouring? I have yet to see a one pour wax. I do Pint mason jars and have NEVER found a wax that was a single pour for the creamy tops I demand.

Fire

Guest LightofDawn
Well, luckily, I still have 200lbs of the very last of the C-3 they carried.

With the holiday season coming, I'm not looking forward to testing a new wax. Why is it that every time something huge goes wrong with wax, it's at the holiday time? GRRRRRR.

Dawn, I get mine in Dover, Ohio. That local for me!

Fire

Yep, that is where I got mine too.. Only 35 minute drive. I have about 100lbs left. That gives me a little time to figure something out, but not much. I am definately stressing over the holidays now! I may end up driving to PA until after the holidays then start retesting.