candle-lite candles

ok guys I must admit I purchased one of these very inexpensive candles over the weekend just to see how it would burn and I must say it was the most beautiful burn and scent throw.Does anyone know what type of wax they use? It is creamy looking almost like 4630 but harder.I am not comparing mine or anyone else's quality handmade candles to these I just wish mine looked so perfect and burned so nicely.

I don't- but they are super cheap candles found at big box stores like wallymart,meijer etc. mostly discount stores and I just bought one to see how they would burn,I could not believe it.An 11 oz candle was 3.99 I bought warm carmel corn scent-I thought this candle would have tons of hangup like a Yankee but much to my surprise none.I just wonder what kind of wax they use.

• 2 weeks later...

Right before I started making candles my mom bought me a hazelnut cream 3 wick candle from Walmart for Christmas. It had an nice scent throw and at the time I thought it was a great candle. My mom loves this scent she bought herself several of these as well. I burned it all the way down until about 2.5" from bottom I thought it was done but later I realized the candle had too many wicks and they drowned. My mom's did the exact same thing and burned down until the 2.5 mark as well. Whatever wax they used was definitely needed a repour and they were very small wicks. Container was about 4" in diameter. I usually can use 1 or maybe 2 depending on fo with that size of a jar.

Steph

A couple years ago, I bought one of their candles from Wal-Mart, smaller than the 11 oz. I never actually burned it all the way, because I started digging in the red colored wax and found that the wick was centered in what looked like a white votive with red wax poured over it. I never did understand the purpose of this. Maybe it helps the wick to burn better, who knows. I might try it sometime, just out of curiosity.