Which jar to use

Tall Blonde

I've been using the clear plastic straight sided PET jars from WSP for my olive body butter. I like those because they're easy for me to label. Those low profile jars were a PIA to label. So, we all know shipping from WSP is ridiculous (to put it midly) and there's a container company in Sacramento that is maybe an hour away from me. But they don't have those same PET jars like WSP. They have the low profile jars, and they have the taller, white jars Now, I don't like white jars. I like the clear jars cause I think it's nice to see the product. These jars are also 47 cents (including lid) as opposed to approx 35 cents at WSP. But then, I wouldn't have to bend over on the shipping. So, do I sacrifice looks for cost?

This is the jar at Sunburst

http://www.sunburstbottle.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1733/.f

and this is the jar at WSP

http://wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CatalogID=9&GroupID=550&CategoryID=551&ProductID=2786&ProductName=++2+oz+Clear+PET+Basic+Plastic+Jar+-+48%2f400

What do you think?

Boy, I guess with prices going up everyday I'd bite the bullet and start liking the white jars especially since the supplier is so close to you. That's a great advantage to have. We live 1000 miles from no where.

Interesting. I did a price comparison with a mock purchase between MMS, WSP and Sunburst (the container company in Sacramento). For 100 -2oz white plastic jars with lid $47.00 at Sunburst with me picking up; for 100 -2oz frosted jars with lid $51.44 with UPS ground shipping (cheapest shipping); for 96 -2oz clear jars with lid $47.73 with standard ground shipping. So, breaking it down, Sunburst is 0.47 cents per jar, MMS is about 0.51 cents per jar and WSP is about 0.50 cents per jar.

In my opinion it's a wash on those prices; the differences are negligible. Pick whatever jar you like and go with it.

I agree, the difference in price is pennies, go with what you like! FYI if your order is $25 or under at WSP, shipping is only $6.95. Place 2 seperate orders and they are only .47 including shipping. The total for each 48 pieces including lids is $15.95, which leaves you another $9.05 for anything else you may need and the shipping total will cover that as well, bringing the total cost of the jars down even more.

Yeah, I'm probably going to stick with WSP. I know a lot of people complain about them, but I've always gotten my stuff pretty fast (and I'm in California!) and they have such a variety of stuff. I have no complaints about their service or anything. Stick with what you know.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree, the difference in price is pennies, go with what you like! FYI if your order is $25 or under at WSP, shipping is only $6.95. Place 2 seperate orders and they are only .47 including shipping. The total for each 48 pieces including lids is $15.95, which leaves you another $9.05 for anything else you may need and the shipping total will cover that as well, bringing the total cost of the jars down even more.

To get even more for your shipping costs, you could order 2 sets of 48 jars in one order and, in a separate order, order 1 set of jars and 3 sets of lids. That gets you 146 jars and lids for shipping of only $13.90. Sounds like a winner to me!!

Jane