Dope Fragrances and copy rights

valleygrls98

HI sorry this is my first post. I am currently selling perfume oils on E-Bay I sell the dopes of the philosophy Grace line and E-Bay keeps pulling them for copy right infingment. I make it clear in my listings that these are versions of the originals. How do I let people know what the fragrance is if I can't use the comparitive name ???

with Philosophy you can only put in your auction that it is "a similar fragrance to a very popular grace product, you cannot use the word philosophy or amazing in you description. I have been in long discussions with the man at philosophy who polices the auctions on ebay. They are one of the strictest. So in your title you have to come up with a totally different name as well. In no way can you use amazing grace, dupe of amazing grace, philosophy any of it.

Becareful, because if you keep getting pulled off you will get suspended

Elle

My suggestion, word your ad carefully. Ex:

This fragrance is a duplication of a very popular scent. This scent, according to PHILOSOPHY, is full of GRACE. If you still don't know what scent it is, please email me and I will be happy to fill you in.

Be sure to explain what the scent smells like, what notes it contains.

I don't think Ebay can yank it if you don't directly say it's Philosophy Grace. Careful wording should solve the problem.

You CANNOT use the word Philosophy it will be yanked as soon as they find it, you have to say it smells like a very popular companies "grace" fragrance.

I know it is frustrating, I was selling a ton of sprays, soaps, lotion bars and butters in that dupe but had to change everything and now I have shyed away from listing that fragrance bcz I don't want to go thru the hassle.

Alot of my ebay customers are now switched to my website.

You have to be very careful, I am telling you, Philosophy polices very heavily and they will report you to ebay right away. In addition to getting your auction yanked, you could be suspended permanently if you continue to violate.

You can probably thank another ebayer for turning you in, they do it all the time to get rid of competition.

HTH

Elle