Wood Christmas Tree question

ScentsandMore

I have a couple of wooden Christmas trees at home silimar to the one in the picture below which need to be painted and lights added. If anyone on here has decorted this type of tree before, should I use a staple gun or glue the light string to the back? Sorry for the large picture but I can't get it any smaller. Thank you.

wooden-Christmas-Tree.jpg

Neither but both LOL, I have never made one of these before but I used to make A LOT of crafts. I would say hot glue will not hold very well weather it be right away or over time. super glue, wood glue whatever, takes to long time to dry when working with a strand of lights. a Staple gun is your best bet BUT dont hold the strand and staple over top of it you could pinch the wires and cause a short. What I would do is ...

place a twist tie in the area where you want to secure the strand and staple that to the wood then place your strand over top and twist the tie around it to secure it. Snip the excess twist tie then press it close to the wood and cover it with hot glue or wood glue so you dont have people getting stabbed with the tie. HTH. VERY CUTE BTW:wink2: