website ?

I am wondering if I should have two websites or just one. i am selling bath and body products; however, I also sell towel cakes, diaper cakes, and personalize candy wrappers. Would this go well with my bath and body website which I am still working on through wahmshoppes which the next one will not be with them. Talk about disappointed or get another one site just for the cakes.TIA

I would separate them. At our peak, we owned 7 websites (still technically own all URLs) and 6 were operational. I never got around to putting the 7th up past the home page :tongue2:

I separated everything so each could focus on it's own specialty item/niche. In fact, we're currently selling our "baby shower" business/website and inventory, and since I did have them separated I'm able to do that without affecting my other sites whatsoever!

There's no reason they can't work together though, so if it's easier for you to just have 1 site to maintain, then by all means do it ~ all you need are "categories" for each line.

Good luck ~ the diaper cake biz is really fun, I did it for 7 years!

I just don't have time (or space) to keep up with it! When I started the original biz (which was just diaper cakes) I was pregnant with my 3rd child, and have since add 2 more kids after her (yes, a total of 5, ages 3-13).

Between the growing kids (and all their STUFF and activities ~ i.e. mom's taxi service) I just don't have the time to sit down and constantly make the diaper cakes and stuff, or the space to continue to order in bulk like I did in the past. I had to "pick" one of my specialties and I chose soap :D

I still do baby shower favors, but only soap ones ~ I used to do tons more stuff and constantly still have *ideas* ... just no TIME :tongue2:

i feel really stupid asking but what are diaper cakes?Laura

it's a centerpiece/gift for a new baby/shower that's constructed of diapers (most commonly disposable, but cloth can be used too, just more expensive) and decorated from simple with just ribbons and a topper to very loaded with booties, bibs, bottles, rattles, etc.

The big thing is that every piece is able to be used (at least ours were) it's definitely NOT just a dust collector :wink2: