I need soap HELP

Mnhorsemom

OK, so far I have made 4 batches of cp soap. I have tried 2 recipes one is a shea/mango recipe from the pvsoap site that has worked great both times and the second one is from Millers site and I think both of them have flopped. When I have made the millers recipe the soap had been really soft even after over 24 hours in the mold and I think it may have been lye heavy. I would try the zap thing and it seemed like sometimes I think I got zapped and sometimes I'm not too sure. The first batch of this recipe I threw away. The second batch is still curing but even after a week is still pretty soft. I want a recipe for a 5 pound batch since that is the size of my mold. So, does anyone have a favorite recipe that they would care to share. I don't have any palm oil at this time I guess I will have to try to get some as almost all the recipes I have seen on the net seem to have that in. I do have palm kernal flakes, but that's not the same stuff is it :confused: Thanks everyone for any help you can offer.

Until you find a recipe that you know will work for you I suggest making smaller batches and pouring into any box lined with freezer paper. You can always resize your recipes once you find one that works for you. Try Robin's Basic Rice Bran recipe.... it is a winner in my book. Five pounds of oils can be alot of waste unless you are working with a recipe that you know will work for you.