Another sugar scrub problem....sigh

Jooniper

Ok....This spa I am working with requested my sugar scrub in a "pumpable" consistency. So far....I have been able to at least give them something in a Malibu. They bought a gallon and really liked it except........she calls today and asked if there is anyway I can make without leaving a residue in the pedicure tubs! Ok....now I am stuck. In order to make the scrub a little thinner...I use no stearic and a little more oil. I am making an emulisified scrub and to me....it leaves very little to no residue. Could the ewax be a problem?? I am using Debk recipe with a little tweeking. Is there a better emulsifyer that will not leave a residue? I am using light oils in the recipe like jojoba. I saw a commercial one somewhere the other day and it was almost gelatinous. Not sure I want to go there but....I thought I would ask if someone has any suggestions!Thank you!!!

Try adding either Polysorbate 20 or 80 to your recipe (you might have to tweak a bit here and there), but I noticed when I use Polys in scrubs, that I get a better "rinse off". And no residue in the shower. And the upside of using Polys is that it can make your scrub more "liquidy", (aka more free flowing). Try adding it along with your e-wax... maybe use it in place of stearic? You'll have to play around and see. But it definitely might do the trick.

I will try using poly and stearic. Would you mind sharing amounts? I was thinking the ewax may be the culprit although it is the emulisifyer.....It really does not leave a residue in my tub but I am aware that a pedicure tub is much smaller.

Elizabeth

As for amounts... try to incorporate it in your recipe. Like... use the stearic in place of your e-wax, and the poly in place of your stearic maybe. You'll have to play around with it.

Also...I think The Queen posted her scrub recipe somewhere here in the forum... hers contained stearic and poly 20. You might want to try that recipe too. :)