silly question about pillar candles

hi everyone

even before i ask i think this isa stupid question, i dont wanna waste more time and wax so thought i better ask to be sure. ive been tryin to make pillar candles, with different coloured layers. i know im meant to poke relief holes in the wax but is this for a pillar candle of one colour or am i supposed to poke holes, then fill the layer and repeat for all layers as nescessary? thanks for helpin me out!!

Hi there and it is not a stupid question!!! I had asked Scented as she is really good with pillars. She told me that I can pour all my layers and then poke my hole reliefs. I did it just like that and it came out wonderful!!!! She is a very nice person. HTH

Just to add another variation, I generally poke my relief holes after I've poured all my layers and just poke all the way through to nearly the bottom. HOWEVER, I've also heard that if you want really sharp definition between layers it can help adhesion to poke holes between layers otherwise the wax sometimes gets too hard and the layers can break apart. HTH. Maureen