harder than it looks (aka take heed newbies)

I did para candles for years and then switched to soy this year. It IS harder than looks.

For anyone thinking being a chandler is easy..forget it.

My "good looking" candles ("pretty")" don't have great burn, and my bad lookin' ones..have superb burn, lol.)

Then, they decide to switch tactics. A cpuple times.

Since I've never posted any such here..here we go.

It is truly trial and learn. This is my creamy yum yum candle that wafted scent all over the house, but mushroomed so bad.

Gosh, it smelled so good, as long as you kept the wick trim. ANd, didn't mind a mushroom like the Hiroshima bombing.

dogsnew006.jpg

dogsnew003.jpg

Part II:

Yum..Mango..my favorite. Scent all over the house and then it decided to burn on one side only.

candles005.jpg

And, then we did not only new wicks, but new scent..

It poured and set like a charm. Wicked even.

But so strong, we feel ike we live in evergreen forest and being strangled by pine trees.

soycandles004.jpg

Kelli, those are nice looking candles!

Sometimes, a lopsided melt pool can be corrected by giving the base of the wick a little shove in the right direction.

Your colors are lovely, and I don't see a hint of frosting!

What kind of wax & wicks did you use?

Good job!:yay:

Gosh, didn't mean to be rude and not respond. We've been busy painting the house.

The wax is KY 125 Ecosoy. The wicks not sure, as I've tried several and do not have my notes here now.

Yeah, the lop sider one.I wondered about that, as we had the AC on. But, it still burnt lopped without AC on later.

Not only hard/different, on the candle testing, on para vs soy, but the picture taking with different camera and photo program. Soon as I took camera out, my dogs (photo hogs, both of them) were like "oooh..mom taking pictures and immediately assumed it was of them).

But, gotta tell ya, that green candle, with the scent (spring breeze aka downy aka something else)..it was almost overpowering at first, but trimmed wick and let set for several days, and boy..is just so crisp and fresh smelling.