What is the difference between these Olive Oils?

netje

What is the difference between Pomace Olive Oil and regular Olive Oil you might get from Walmart?

Do they behave the same in soap? Do they smell or look different?

I can get Pomace Olive Oil cheaper on the internet, but if it is really really different from the other I have been getting from WalMart - I might stick with my old proven and tried brand.

It is a lower grade of OO but IMO, there is no difference between the way it behaves and smells in my soap. I have not experienced a faster trace with it either - but that is my experience and as we know, that can vary from person to person. If you do a search, you will find info on how OP is made compared to other OOs. Alot of the OOs in the store today are not actually pure OO but rather are a blend of oils.

I have never tried Columbus Foods Olive Pomace. I did buy some Olive Pomace from our resturant supply ..... comes in a 1 gallon can and that turned my soap a more creamy color then white. But the price was nice....$12.15 a gallon and no shipping. But I just couldn't get over the slight discoloration I got from it.