Question about 464 frosting?

Hi all,

I have been gathering so much info from all of your posts!!! Thanks!

I have been testing GB464 and I love the wax and the throw! But I am getting terrible frosting (with EVERY color). I have done a search and read and read and have tried everything (I think) that has been posted, adding CO, lower pour temp, constant room temperature, heating jars first. Is there anything else I can try?

I am heating to 180 adding 1 tsp CO, 6% FO, and 1 dye chip per pound and pouring at around 145 in warmed jars and placing a box over the top.

It was suggested to me to try 435 that it was no change in wicking, but I have been testing so long with the 464 and would really like to make it work.

I do remember it being posted SEVERAL times that you can"t have it all.... Either the looks or the throw!!!! HAHA But I do want it all.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Thanks for the quick reply Stella. But unfortunately I have already been through that thread and tried that and my result was NO CT/HT.

I guess I could try the liquid dye. I am such a clutz though! I will have everything colored. I guess it is worth a shot though.

Thanks to you guys for chiming in.

I pour hotter than that -Kristi

What temp are you pouring at?

I am attempting the tempering a little different. I melted my wax to 180 add dye chip let cool. Then I melted again to 180 and added FO and poured at 155. So far so good.

I am going to try some liquid dye also.

I am also planning to try the 6036 blend too. I have not experimented with a blend and maybe that is what I am looking for plus its cheaper.

So many thoughts, so little money! LOL