getting zap! help!

katshe

Made soap hp cooked in oven 2.5 hrs got zap -returned it to oven 30 min left set overnight still zap

reheated this morn -2 hrs, still zap

CAN THIS BE FIXED!?????

PLEASE HELP

I have been making soap for a year now and this has never happened before.

this recipe I made co, palm, castor in a smaller 3lb turned out fine.

the 6lb is the one I am having zap issues with

It sounds like it is lye heavy. Maybe your calculations were off, did you maybe put a wrong amount in the calc? Either too much lye or not enough oil. Did you leave an oil out or possible your scale went bonkers on you while you were weighing? The only way to fix it would be to find out what oil you are off by and add it to it and try to recook it. Personally I think I would toss it, I know it is hard to lose that much oils at the prices they are but better to be safe than sorry.

Katshe, I am a brand new soaper, but I would not toss any amount of oil either. Perhaps you could keep adding a little oil to the point when it feels like a really nice moisturizing /superfatted bar? Then you should feel comfortable that there is no more lye that has not reacted with the oil left, am I correct?

Or perhaps there is some cheap home test that can be used to find out how alkaline / caustic a soap is and add oils if necessary.