possible rebatch?

crazycacti

So I made a batch of soap earlier this week that was posting about at the time--the volcano-ey one with the huge crack and gel-y type stuff oozing. It just overheated-oops!

The soap seemed to have come out fine--only problem is that it did not really keep it's odor--moonlight path that was made for a friend --her first order.

So I figured as a first time buyer i do not want to give her something she cannot really smell the fragrance in.

Can i rebatch this somehow and just add more fragrance?

If so-how do i do that? melt it down? cut it up?? then melt? and then add something? including more FO?

Or just start over and use it myself as a more "unscented" soap?

I have never rebatched!!

TIA

I've tried all the rebatching methods and find the "boiling bag" to give the smoothest results. Get one of the roasting bags meant for meat or poultry. Shred the soap, put in the bag. Tie with some string. Boil a pot of water and toss the bag in. Turn it down and leave the bag there until it's fully melted.

It can take quite a while, depending on how big the batch was.

Get out a large bowl or pot, cut a corner off the bag and squeeze the soap out. Wear gloves; it will be very hot. Add your additional fragrance, stir, and pour into your mold. Leave it uncovered and let it sit 24 hours before unmolding and cutting.

HTH,

e