paper type packaging

chiptooth

I made some carpet type freshener stuff and made these cute seed packets on my computer. I want them to be a one application type thing. I used plain ol printer paper and as I figured, after 8 hours there isn't an oil seepage, but the paper is discoloring. I was thinking about how I could line the paper with wax paper first or cut parchment paper the size of printer paper and try printing on it I know there are paper sachets out there somewhere. Any ideas?

Georgia..you're reading my mind! As I was typing my brain was rotating. I was thinking about that or maybe trying to coat the inside with a thin layer of wax or maybe painting some decopauge stuff on the inside. I'm not sure how much of the powdery stuff would stick to it though since the surface wouldn't be completely smooth. I'd have to make sure it didn't suck the fragrnce out either.

See, I think that would work, but if you're like me and try to think in the future, if you've got all that time to spray your paper... lol I am still looking for options on something similar. Maybe not on a roll, but in sheets. I'll keep you updated if I do come across something! :)

I did find a site for glassine paper in sheets but it's kind of expensive..not worth that much going into package something so simple. I am going to try freezer paper first. It is lined with a plastic on one side. It should keep everything sealed in, but not sure about the fragrance being sucked out. I hope this is the answer 'cause I really don't have time to be "fixing" paper.

I have a HP officejet Pro L7580 which supposedly prints as fast as a laser. I am only printing on the paper side of the freezer paper. The freezer paper that I have says it is a plastic lining that's why I was wondering if the fragrance would be sucked out or not. So far, so good. I have noticed a very slight discoloration but I think it is just from so many people handling the original packet to look at it. The mixture has been in the package for almost 24 hrs. now and I don't notice any less of a scent yet. I will keep everyone posted. The candlemakers store has little envelopes for 10 cents a piece (I think) that are used for sachet envelopes. If my freezer paper seed packet doesn't work, I may have to use these instead.