EL millennium wax....need wick suggestion..Please

I just had a friend send be 5lbs of the EL Millinnum wax. He also sent me some 8oz sq mason jars to test in....I have never used this wax.:confused:

I have CDN wicks I was thinking maybe a CDN 16 to start with?? I have never played with the sq mason yet.

I also have read you can pour it hot and get smooth tops....anyone want to comment on this??

TIA

tootie

We found the opposite with this wax...the cooler we poured, the better. We usually poured around 100 degrees.

I prefer pouring it hotter, of course...just takes less messing around with - but the tops were smoother when I poured cooler.

Good Luck and let me know what you find out!

Yep, it is setting up with a kina bumpy top. So i will wait next time and try around 100 and see how it goes.

My ky125 I used to pour at 100 and got nice tops....but sometimes I was in a hurry and got bumpy tops but my customers didnt care cause they smelled GREAT!!

Do you get a good HT with this wax??

How long do you cure them before testing?

tootie

You may want to call EL and talk to Bruce,he will give you some starting points as far as wicking goes. We started off with htp 105's for our 16oz. apothecary jars and moved up to the htp 1212's and did try some RRD wicks as well. The RRD wicks do work well with MB so you may want to try those as well. However,we ended up sticking with the htp 1212's for the most part and they burned well too.

Mike