Where would I find the most authentic smelling violet fo?

Well let's see if I can help here somewhat.

GL's violet musk is really nice and worth trying (seriously), but if you want straight out violet, the musk takes away from it somewhat.

TSW's Ultraviolet is ultra good, strong and you might like it. I'd offer to share some with you to try, but I'm a pig on this scent lol. It's quite fresh and nice. Check their description and see what you think. Honestly I don't think you'd be disappointed in it at all.

Southern Soapers has reign of violets that I haven't done a hell of a lot with but I think someone on here has. I don't think there's anything else in the fragrance to take away from the violet, but violet is going to be somewhat light.

These are the three I've been exposed to. Long time ago there was another supplier with it, but I cannot remember if it was Pourette (non-existent) or Candlewic or someone else. Seems to me it was someone else not in business any more, but it was pretty good.

Forgot to add, I tried Tony's berries and violets I think it was and if I remember right, you won't get a straight violet smell from it.

I have two recommendations for a straight-up Parma Violet scent:

1.) Daystar's Blooming Violets

2) WSP's Violet Bouquet

I can't tell how long I've been searching for a true Parma Violet scent until I found these two.

I have 2 bottles of lovely perfume at home made from Parma violets. One is made by Yardley, and the other one is made by Agustin Reyes. I used to have a third that was imported from England, but it's all gone now. Anyway, even though they were all made by different companies, they were all made with Parma violets and they all smelled wonderfully the same.

The smell in those perfumes is just so lovely to me that I soon found myself on a quest to find an F/O with that same wonderful Parma violet smell so I could make soap with it. I've bought many different violet F/Os over the past two years, but they just couldn't compare with that distinctive violet smell that I detected in my 3 Parma violet perfumes. Until recently, that is.

Check out Daystar's and WSP's. I have both of them and both are true (they smell exactly like my bottles of Yardley, Agustin Reyes, and my now depleted import from England), but Daystar's is the stronger of the two as far as scent throw goes. HTH!

MarieJeanette