Powdered Milk ... where to buy?

k&g

OMG - I went to WallyWorld last night to pick up a 4lb box of PM and what use to cost $9-10 about 6mths ago is now $16!!! I couldn't believe the price hike! I don't go to WallyWorld for much anymore and now it's going to be even less!

Anywho - does anyone buy their powdered milk in bulk? If so, where? I've got a friend that owns a deli so I'm thinking of checking out the restaurant food suppliers around here so there's no shipping involved. Does anyone go that route?

TIA and have a great weekend!

My local grocery store carries it. Check your local grocer.

Thanks - they probably do; however, family owned stores - sometimes not cheaper than WW. I will be checking around there when I go in.

If you have a Sam's Club, try there. That is where I buy mine. It was much cheaper than Wally World but I have not bought it or priced in about 2 months so not sure what the cost difference is now.

Thanks - thought of that, but they are owned by WW company so figured it'd be the same. When I had checked before months ago - it was the same price as WW. So I figured if one went up the other would also.

I'm wondering if anyone has bought from companies like Sysco (serves restaruants) and such.

If you have a Sam's Club, try there. That is where I buy mine. It was much cheaper than Wally World but I have not bought it or priced in about 2 months so not sure what the cost difference is now.

ok - happened to talk to someone that just bought dry milk at Sam's and said it was still in the $11 range!! I'm headed there tomorrow before they realize they need to raise their price!!

i buy mine from the local amish store they cut me a deal for buying in bulk.........Laura

unfortunately no amish around here ... only cajuns!! :D

but that's what i'd like to find - someone that sells it in bulk around here. i'd be happy to store 20lbs of the stuff - just no one sells it like that around here - that i've found yet.

Hi there,

Have you tried bulk food & spice suppliers online? They carry all kinds of things that bath/body crafters use. Like Cream of Tartar, baking soda, citric acid, oatmeal, etc & so forth.

For example - http://www.bulkfoods.com/spices.asp

thanks! the powdered milk is a little high here also - but of course there's a lot more stuff that i'm thinking of getting instead!! thanks again for the linkE