Shea Body Butter ?

Paulette

I have some shea butter and Kokum Butter. The only oils I have right now are olive oil, sunflower oil, and Safflower oil. Can I use any of them to whip some body butter.

I googled but couldn't find any recipe. thanks Paulette

Absolutely! I've never tried safflower oil in whipped shea so I can't comment on this one, but I have tried both olive oil & sunflower oil. Of the two, I preferred the one with sunflower oil in it.

This was all during my testing phase. Nowadays I use jojoba with my shea but during my testing I tried olive oil, sunflower oil, avocado oil, apricot kernal oil, grapeseed oil & sweet almond oil. :)

Lisa

How much oil you use will largely depend on how soft or firm a butter you want to end up with. The more oil you use the softer the butter will be :)

I don't know what the standard is, I just played around with my recipe until I figured out what I wanted. Nowadays I use 75% shea and 25% liquid oil then I whip it up with my hand mixer (not the stick blender) until it's really fluffy.

hth,

Lisa