Leaving Business Cards?

kinipela

LMAO

I so wanted to do that.

We sell body jewelry as well, and there is a crappy jewelry place at the mall. We were going to glue our cards to their display case one day, but didn't. HAHA

On the Yankme Candle shelf at the BX (the base equivalent to a crappy Wal-Mart). :D

That just seems too hard up letting them litter places like trash. I guess sometimes it's possible to get lucky doing it that way, but I would hate the thought that anyone would think I was so desperate I had to resort to dropping them off in restrooms. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to make a buck I guess.

In windows of car doors at WALMART.

At the BANK infront of the pen at the Counter.

On the counter at the Insurance place.

I have even been called and asked not to do that anymore.

I said Ohh I am sorry...but ohh by the way I have........... and have actually made sales.

Any person infront of you ( or on the phone ) is a potential customer. NEVER LET AN OPPORTUNITY SLIP.

At the Insurance company that called me back and complained, I ended up giving each of the girls a candle and had a plastic business card holder on each of there desks, within 3 days of leaving the cards on there counter.

I have also left them on the urinals in the restroom.

CARDS are CHEAP, customers ARE NOT.

I can always find more business cards, but I will likely never find THAT customer again.

Don't let inhibitions stop you from making money.

We just started our candle business, we started by resaling already made candles and are now starting to make our own.

But our name is already out there.

GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE

When I do a show I always put a few of my sample size soaps in the restrooms with my cards and a little note above the soap saying "Try me, Booth #" I have had lots of people come and buy soap and have commented on how they tried it in the ladies or mens room. I go in and make sure they never run out. I also leave them on any bulletin board I see at the stores, offices, etc. It does work to get your name out there.

Walmart has been known to sue people that have done that without permission. They are so damn ... BLAH... I don't wanna get into it.

The insurance companies are also a great idea. As are real estate offices. Offer a free candle to the agents, and you'll likely get a personal order, or better yet, they might use you for welcome home gifts to their clients.

Staples has decent cards... $19.99 for 1,000... cheaper if you find an online coupon for 10-20% off (which I always do before purchasing anything online, just google "yadda yadda" coupon, and you'll find some).

If out of those 1,000 cards... you get a 1% return rate.... that's 10 new customers. If each of those customers buys just $10 each.... $100.00. On a $20.00 invest, you can't beat it.

In windows of car doors at WALMART.

At the BANK infront of the pen at the Counter.

On the counter at the Insurance place.

I have even been called and asked not to do that anymore.

I said Ohh I am sorry...but ohh by the way I have........... and have actually made sales.

Any person infront of you ( or on the phone ) is a potential customer. NEVER LET AN OPPORTUNITY SLIP.

At the Insurance company that called me back and complained, I ended up giving each of the girls a candle and had a plastic business card holder on each of there desks, within 3 days of leaving the cards on there counter.

I have also left them on the urinals in the restroom.

CARDS are CHEAP, customers ARE NOT.

I can always find more business cards, but I will likely never find THAT customer again.

Don't let inhibitions stop you from making money.

We just started our candle business, we started by resaling already made candles and are now starting to make our own.

But our name is already out there.

GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE

Walmart has been known to sue people that have done that without permission. They are so damn ... BLAH... I don't wanna get into it.

That's one of my major concerns.... if they don't "appreciate" it... then they know how to contact me :embarasse

Also, if I were to send them with bill payments, they might get the idea that I actually have money, and we don't want that :D

I am planning a day in Chicago soon... I may print up a bunch and find some bulletin boards. I like that idea for sure.

Community boards at the supermarket are a good idea.

That's one of my major concerns.... if they don't "appreciate" it... then they know how to contact me :embarasse

Also, if I were to send them with bill payments, they might get the idea that I actually have money, and we don't want that :D

I am planning a day in Chicago soon... I may print up a bunch and find some bulletin boards. I like that idea for sure.

I want to have a box of cards made with "10% off for all vendors" so when I set up at the craft fairs and flea markets, and I'm cruising the aisles, it gives me an intro. Sunday we set up at the flea market, and the only morning sales we made were to fellow vendors. Thankfully the afternoon brought us other customers, but I had my booth fee, breakfast, and "salary LOL" covered with the vendors. This is the second time the majority of the $ came in from fellow vendors.

I've also started to hand out my cards anytime I pay for something - dry cleaner, grocery store, drive thru. Some of the people look at me strange, I just tell them I didn't want them to miss out on finding great candles since they are working so hard and don't have the spare time to find me at "X event" I'm heading to. So far, no one has tossed it back to me, and my website hits are jumping up daily.

I am thinking of offering the realtors in the area a discount on my candles, so they can get their clients to burn them while showing houses instead of baking or spraying scents. I have sent a few emails to local agents, and I'm waiting on the replies.

That happened to us the last flea market we went to. I knew it was going to be hot that day, so I took along the cooler, packed it with ice, soda, Gatorade, and bottled water. We made a killing off of the vendor next to us. I think he bought nearly $10.00 worth of drinks.

We only sold 2 candles, but a lot of jewelry.

Real estate is a good way to go. Give them something for free, and you'll up your chances.

I want to have a box of cards made with "10% off for all vendors" so when I set up at the craft fairs and flea markets, and I'm cruising the aisles, it gives me an intro. Sunday we set up at the flea market, and the only morning sales we made were to fellow vendors. Thankfully the afternoon brought us other customers, but I had my booth fee, breakfast, and "salary LOL" covered with the vendors. This is the second time the majority of the $ came in from fellow vendors.

I've also started to hand out my cards anytime I pay for something - dry cleaner, grocery store, drive thru. Some of the people look at me strange, I just tell them I didn't want them to miss out on finding great candles since they are working so hard and don't have the spare time to find me at "X event" I'm heading to. So far, no one has tossed it back to me, and my website hits are jumping up daily.

I am thinking of offering the realtors in the area a discount on my candles, so they can get their clients to burn them while showing houses instead of baking or spraying scents. I have sent a few emails to local agents, and I'm waiting on the replies.

Oh! Find out if any of them give gift baskets to new buyers! :D When we bought our house, our realtor came by two weeks later and brought us a nice gift basket filled with candy and popcorn, and had coupons for local places for $10 off pizza, free movies/pop etc for a "movie night". It was really sweet and we found our new favorite pizza place because of it.