Yellowing Labels One More Time

bugtussle

Someone brought up the old Yellow Labels thread. Does anyone who uses LASER glossy labels from anyone; online, labels by the sheet, etc, get yellowing???? So far it appears that laser glossy labels DO NOT yellow. Someone with experience prove me wrong! That would mean I would have to print all labels on my laser, but at least they would not yellow. TIA Carole (fingers and toes crossed)

PS, My inkjet glossies are still yellowing like crazy!

Guest WhoMe?

I use glossy white from Online Labels with my color laser and I have some that are over a year old that have not yellowed a bit.

I have been using the white gloss inkjet labels from online labels and they have turned yellow on me.... and I thought it was just me!

I hate that it makes my product look old and I typically end up having to put new labels on before I sell or display at a show.

Is there anyway to avoid this from happening?

Thanks!

Ann

I have been using the white gloss inkjet labels from online labels and they have turned yellow on me.... and I thought it was just me!

I hate that it makes my product look old and I typically end up having to put new labels on before I sell or display at a show.

Is there anyway to avoid this from happening?

Thanks!

Ann

Same here, I was going to post mine look like crap and I have about 100 sheets but they are ink jet. Guess that's the difference. I'm stuck and have two sizes. Why do I have to buy in bulk???:confused: To save money??? that's a joke.

Same here, I was going to post mine look like crap and I have about 100 sheets but they are ink jet. Guess that's the difference. I'm stuck and have two sizes. Why do I have to buy in bulk???:confused: To save money??? that's a joke.

Mine look like crap :angry2: too Sharon. I have about 500 sheets in 5 different sizes. I too bought in bulk to save money. I'm stuck too and the best I can do is just re-label my candles before I show them or sell them and redesign my labels to have more color and less white. It's so frustrating!:mad:

I talked to Online Label (this week) for 30 minutes about yellowing glossy inkjet labels. They yellow because they have a special coating to help absorb the ink from inkjet printing but they also pick up uv rays from natural, fluorescent light and from chemicals, ie fos that are present in a candlemaking environment. Online is searching to no avail for other paper solutions. He said all labels will eventually yellow but it takes them a lot longer.

There are some Krylon, uv spray coatings available that "might" protect them, but then there is the drying time needed.

I think the only solution is to buy a laser and print laser gloss labels. Laser labels are a little cheaper and in the long term you would be better off.

I also have replaced 1000's of yellowing labels on my candles and I'm just not going to do it anymore. Sorry for the "bad" news. Carole

Mine look like crap :angry2: too Sharon. I have about 500 sheets in 5 different sizes. I too bought in bulk to save money. I'm stuck too and the best I can do is just re-label my candles before I show them or sell them and redesign my labels to have more color and less white. It's so frustrating!:mad:

Wonder if a call to online label would do any good? I know it's not their fault, guess they don't make the paper. I'm not printing on them at all, they will just get thrown away. The 2" round are still in the pack with the cardboard on front and back, 100 sheets. They have been in a filling cabinet since I got them so it can't be light.