Bleeding Colors

Tizimarezie

When I make soaps that have more than one color, within a week the colors begin to bleed together and eventually all run together completely. They don't stay pretty. What a waste :cry2:

Is there a particular brand or type of colorant that doesn't do this? I'm using SFIC melt and pour soap base.

Thanks for any help!

I don't use a lot of dyes in my soaps. I've used a couple from "life of the party" from Michaels and I have not had a problem with bleeding as of yet. I tend to use products that natuarally color like honey or cinnamon/nutmeg etc.

Sorry I can't be more help. :undecided

Thanks for responding, elfcat. I've used the "Life of the Party" liquid colors from Michaels and JoAnn's. They work great when coloring soap one color. But when I do layers or embeds, the colors bleed together. I'm not having much luck with the Gel Tones, either. I read (as mentioned) that Select Shades will bleed in M&P, too. What to do..what to do?

Thanks for responding, elfcat. I've used the "Life of the Party" liquid colors from Michaels and JoAnn's. They work great when coloring soap one color. But when I do layers or embeds, the colors bleed together. I'm not having much luck with the Gel Tones, either. I read (as mentioned) that Select Shades will bleed in M&P, too. What to do..what to do?

I'm ordering some of the non-bleeding dyes from brambleberry. They claim that they don't bleed in M&P so we shall see! I'm always up for a challenge.

I've been using oxides & ultramarines from WSP with no problems, except for when I get a little heavy-handed. Water based colors always bled on me that's why I stopped using them.

Many people here use colorants from http://tkbtrading.com/index.php?category=29 They have "non-bleeding" colorants. Maybe someone will chime in and let you know if they bleed or not.

HTH a bit :D