LS Help Again

ladysj

Okay I've made a shower gel using 50% OO, 6% mango & 44% coconut oil. I've been cooking this stuff since about 1:15pm today and here it is 11:12PM and it still hasn't reached the translucent vaseline stage yet.

Is the high % of OO what could be causing this to take so long? That's the only thing I could possibly figure would be affecting it. I finally turned off the crockpot and will try cooking it more tomorrow. :(

Yes I tried the clear test it's clear to the point that I can see through but it's more of a white clear not a crystal clear I hope that makes sense. It's not a cloudy white I can see through the glass container the liquid is just a white color.

I did the zap test there is no zap I jus tested it surprisingly it has a bit of a sweet taste.

Well I'm diluting it now and poured out a little bit it's crystal clear. :yay: It feels good when I wash my hands with it feels just a little tacky and slick but the last batch did too until I neutralized it. I added the hydrovance to that last batch and it feels incredible.

I added tussah silk fibers to the lye water for this shower gel so I can't wait to try the finished product after neutralizing and adding the hydrovance. That hydrovance is some great stuff.

Another quick question please Z how high a % of butters can you add to a shower gel recipe? I used 6% mango butter on this one.

The 6% is great! This weekend I am going to make my shea gel. With that I put 15%, and I love it. It does not stay clear with FO, turns opaque, but its worth it.

Don't you just love that hydrovance! I was just talking to National Polymers yesterday about buying it buy the bulk (I think is $1.07 a pound.) Because I cannot live without it, like it better than gylcerin.

Z you are the greatest :D I just made a small batch of this to give out as a tester so I might up the butter on the next batch. My hands feel nice and smooth just from washing with the little clean up items.

Oh wow a $1.07 that is great. I would love to get some do you think maybe a co-op on this. ROFLMAO