GG palm wicking

Does anyone have good luck with the CSN wicks from CS for GG palm? I've made several containers with many different sizes of CSN wicks and they all seem to burn with a really large flame and tons of mushrooming. Any suggestions for other wicks that work good in GG palm?

Thanks.

I like to use CDNs. Even with them, Glass Glow seems to burn "hotter" or with a larger flame than palm pillar wax. Many folks have reported the same observation. I try to err on the side of underwicking this wax 'cause I figure it's better to slightly underwick and even leave a small amount of hangup, but have a manageable flame and container temperature, than it is to go for the clean container and not be able to comfortably touch it, especially towards the last half of the burn. I have been able to wick most containers that I have used with CDNs and get a reasonably clean burn and not have the container heat up beyond what I consider to be safe. I think another contributing factor to the "larger flame" phenomenon is undetected air trapping. When the melt pool hits large (or several small) air pockets, the melt pool drains into them and exposes more wick, which allows the wick to form a larger flame.

As far as the 'shrooming, that can happen with CDNs also... ya just have to "dial in" the wicking carefully. Keeping wicks trimmed is a must with Glass Glow. HTH :)