Sanitizing Question

Alcohol really isn't a sanitizer for this. What you want is a 1 tsp to 1 gallon ration of bleach to water if you ever need to do it. About 75-100 PPM (parts per million)

Water needs to be about 75-90 degrees. Too cool and it loses it's effectiveness, and too hot and the water evaporates out leaving a higher (and possibly toxic/irritating) level of chlorine in the solution. You want to also dip them in and let them air dry after washing.

Personally, I've only had to do this once, and only because the original packaging was trashed.

The same solution is what you need for sanitizing counters, utensils, or anything your products come into contact with as well.

Boy, My solution has been waaaay too strong! I've been doing 1 part bleach to 10 parts water. But I have never had to sanitize jars and bottles, just equipment for making lotion.

Oh my, I've been mixing 1 part bleach to 9 parts water :shocked2: . I also do it to sanitize my work area & lotion equip. I somehow always believed if I can't smell the bleach, then it's not working LOL

Can too much be too much? :confused: