BCN Votive Mold

Which mold are you asking about? The standard or 16 unit flex mold? I would think the 16 flex mold would be a tad difficult when it comes to keeping the wicks straight....considering the size of the mold and having to use 16 wick tabs...IMHO. I'll stick to my individual molds and wick pins...

I have one and love it. Like Doneen has mentioned before, you can turn these things inside out and they still hold their shape. They are very easy to use.

You can also use wick pins in them if you want. That's the part I wanted to get away from.

I have one and love it. Like Doneen has mentioned before, you can turn these things inside out and they still hold their shape. They are very easy to use.

You can also use wick pins in them if you want. That's the part I wanted to get away from.

I really don't mind the wick pins, just liked the looks of this mold. I have a sickness :(.. Is there a trick to getting your wicks in quick? I only made a few and had a hard time getting the tabs in.

I have trouble with getting them in too. Sometimes, they will slide right in and other times they give me fits.

I try to slide one under and press the other side down. I think I've also slide the whole thing in at once.

It's usually by accident that they go in smooth.

Hi, see my earlier post from today. I just got the mold yesterday and tried to use it with starburst palm wax and was quite unhappy with the result. I am sure the mold would work with a wax that has a smooth finish, but the starburst just got totally stuck to the mold, and when I tried to turn the mold upside down, to get the votives out, I had to use a lot of force to peel them off of the mold. When I did, the outer coating that had the pattern stayed in the mold, so the mold looked dusty and my votives looked beat up, and the pattern was nowhere near how they look when they come out of the aluminum molds. I have never had a votive or a pillar stuck in an aluminum mold. The starburst wax seem to really have affinity to the rubber mold (I think this mold is rubber not silicon, it smells like new tires). Maybe someone has an idea what could be done about this, but I am thinking to return the mold. I liked the idea of having the votives together in one mold, but I also care about having pretty votives.:sad2:

Hi, see my earlier post from today. I just got the mold yesterday and tried to use it with starburst palm wax and was quite unhappy with the result. I am sure the mold would work with a wax that has a smooth finish, but the starburst just got totally stuck to the mold, and when I tried to turn the mold upside down, to get the votives out, I had to use a lot of force to peel them off of the mold. When I did, the outer coating that had the pattern stayed in the mold, so the mold looked dusty and my votives looked beat up, and the pattern was nowhere near how they look when they come out of the aluminum molds. I have never had a votive or a pillar stuck in an aluminum mold. The starburst wax seem to really have affinity to the rubber mold (I think this mold is rubber not silicon, it smells like new tires). Maybe someone has an idea what could be done about this, but I am thinking to return the mold. I liked the idea of having the votives together in one mold, but I also care about having pretty votives.:sad2:

I don't use palm wax. But have you tried a mold release. that might work. Regina

I don't use palm wax. But have you tried a mold release. that might work. Regina

Regina, I am just going to return the mold. I am not talking a little stuck, but totally glued to the point where the votive got destroyed when peeling off the mold. I suspect this could have something to do with the temperature I pour at. I warmed up the mold in a 200 degree oven (turned off) and poured at 195 degrees. As I said, I think this mold is rubber, or rubber with silicon, not just silicon. You could smell the rubber in the whole apartment. I don't think the material is made to be used at that temperature, but I could be wrong. However, this is how I pour my palm wax and as I had very nice results in aluminum, this is what I am going to get instead. I had just hoped having one mold would simplify the process. I am sure this is a wonderful mold if you use soy or paraffin or maybe pour palm wax cooler.