Very interesting article on preserving & testing lotion

While looking up testing resources for my lotionmaking tutorial I came across this interview with Cindy Jones, owner of Sagescript. Sagescript is the testing company I like to use and I think this interview is very helpful to gaining an understanding of why preservatives are necessary to make safe products.

I hope everyone hasn't seen it before...I'm very surprised I haven't found it sooner if it's been around awhile...

Bethany, thanks for posting this. I did a lot of reading, reading, and reading b/4 I made lotion, but never saw this.

Quote: "Personally, I think safe is more important than natural. We are all aware of natural products that are very toxic, so we need to stop thinking of natural and safe as being synonyms."

So very true. Before I started handcrafting, I always thought "natural" was safest & best. I've learned different in almost 2 years. In some things it may be, but in lotion, unless it's for quick, personal use, it's just not gonna work.

Bethany, (GREAT name BTW-it's my oldest daughters' name :D ) thank you for posting the link for that article, very informative. Thank you most of all for turning me on to Cindy and her testing business-her prices are awesome, it's so nice that she offers affordable testing for the small crafter-she's the most affordable I've seen! :whoohoo: