Anyone have their jars frosted professionally?

Hi!

I'm thinking about having my candle jars frosted. I've been in contact with a company and they are quoting me 25 cents per jar ~ 8 oz. square mason jar.

Anyone ever have it done? If so, where/who?

I'm waiting on a quote from my jar supplier to ship 1000 jars to this frosting company and then see what the shipping would be from them to me.

Maybe be too expensive, but I'm checking.

Just curious:confused:

Thanks!~

Carrie

That sounds like a good price to me, especially since most suppliers are dropping the frosted glass. I contacted a local glass company & a local artist that makes stained glass, but never followed through to get an actual price. Have you asked your supplier if they offer frosting? Fairway will frost any product they sell & they have a Dallas division, but you have to call for pricing.

Susan.

Thanks Susan, I had completely forgot about Fairway. I have sent them an email. They don't carry the 8 oz. sq. mason jar, but asked if they would frost MY jars if I sent them to them.

Any other frosting companies? Prefer in Texas. I'm afraid to add up all the costs if I have them done in GA.

Thanks so much!

Carrie

Carrie -- I did a quick google & came up w/ quite a few companies in your area that would probably do this for you. I wasn't sure if you're closer to Austin or San Antonio, so I didn't put too much time into this. Search for etched glass & there are lots of companies & artists that do custom work, so I bet you can find someone to do your containers for a reasonable fee. They have the blasting booths & it sure seems like running the containers would be a lot easier than design work. You might also ask Fillmore if they will do it, since they actually carry the mason jars. I found several in Waco that would do it for me, so I know you have more options between Austin & SA than I do. Good luck -- HTH.

Susan.