Ground oatmeal question please

Vio

I'm making an oatmeal cp soap tonight. Playing with one of my egg hunt prizes. I got a pound of Oatmeal Milk and Honey FO from Fragrances by Design.

40 oz's of oil all together. How much oatmeal should I put in? 5 oz's maybe?

I use 1Tbs per pound, ground in my coffee grinder. I add my oats and my honey, also 1Tbs per pound, with coconut milk. Give it a good stir to blend the honey, and add it at thin trace. It's one of my favorite soaps.

hth

Ruth

Thanks! I went with 1 1/2 T's per pound finely ground oats since I was in the middle of actually making the soap when E responded, but good to know for next time, what others use. Thank you!

I'm actually shocked tonight. I just finished a batch of soap and it's not 3 am! LOL Husband kept kids out of my way, and I got to soap early. :yay:

He even helped me!!! :laugh2:

I did a 35% fixed lye, with 50/50 soft/hard oils. I figured it would trace faster so I never brought the stick blender out. He watched me add the lye water and I was stirring and it was going very slow. I handed him the whisk and he whisked, while I went and got the sb. Then, he did the sb while I added the oatmeal. He even held the pot while I smoothed the batter into the tray! LOL

I made just a small batch with the fo. I use a rubbermaid drawer organizer for my molds since I'm still practicing. Figured this recipe could be like a bath bar. One day, I want to make real oatmeal, milk and honey soap using only the natural ingredients in the name as additives. Like a sensitive bar. Want to play with some powdered milks soon on that type of bar.