packaging size for 8 oz madison..

PSPjen

I am looking at different packaging ideas for an 8oz Madison Jar. I have not ordered the jars in yet so I don't have one in front of me to measure. Fillmore says they are 3.5 in high and 3 in in diameter. So far the boxes I have found are 4x4x4, which might leave too much room inside. I am thinking about using the organza sheer bags. I have found a few I like. One is listed as being 3.5 x 5.5 and the other is 6.5x4x7. Any of you with a madison laying around that could tell me what would work best?

Thanks!!

Jen

I use these jars...and I don't want to sound like an idiot but...why would you not want to use the lids that fit those jars?

I just picked up 10 more cases of them at Fillmore on Monday and bought the lids.

I never thought of putting them in a box or a bag...........

Maggie

Hey Maggie! I guess I should have explained further lol. - I am ordering the lids, but my customer wants to put them in a box or bag, she doesn't want her customers messing with them. :confused: lol, but she's the customer sooooooo. She said she'll have one out for display and smelling, but wants the rest sealed up.

I guess I should have explained my reply a little better.

I was thinking of the cost factor too. Did she "insist" on bags or boxes or would she be satisfied if you used the shrink bands that soapmom25 suggested?

If not then I would go with whatever is cheaper and looks nice.

I measured one of my Madison jars and it is 3" wide and with the lid it is a little bit over 3.5". If using the organza bags I would go with the smaller one.

Maggie

She asked for a bag or box, but I didn't think about the shrink bands! I've never used them before, but I should be able to figure them out. I can at least throw the option out there.

Thanks for the measurements! I am having a hard time visualizing putting the jars in the bag. I don't want to order ones that are too small, but I don't want them huge either!

Here are some of my options:

http://www.papermart.com/templates/09-0-23.htm#GO_09024 which has several sizes - I am hoping the smallest would work but I've never bought organza bags, so not sure what they mean by a gusset.

http://www.nashvillewraps.com/ShowSku.ww?Class=039&Type=441 are some otheres. The smaller ones say 4x6, but they look so small that I can't imagine they would work. The larger size at the bottom looks like it will fit as they have a candle in there, I am hoping those aren't too big.

Thanks for the opinions, I'm off to price shrink bands......

THanks again!