Lard, where do you get it.

Jbren - The Giant Food Store in Bensalem carries it in 1# containers. It is by the bacon, sausage and lunch meats. I have seen it at the meat store across the street from it also. Handy if you don't need a lot.

It's about a block from the race track. Lose your butt then get your lard all in one block. :cheesy2:

Digit

Thanks Digit. I get up that way once in a while, good to know. I am in South Philly...not far from the ballparks. Are you in Bensalem?

I work for a restaurant so I order lard through our suppliers... Sysco is a national supplier that might supply a restaurant in your area so maybe check them out. I order through a local supplier and I get 50# of lard for $37 which is the best pricing I found even after going to local meatmarkets and such... I'm also checking into getting my EVOO through a local restaurant that orders from different suppliers than we do - we're a bar, they're a more upscale restaurant so they order more of that stuff than we do... but there is an avenue that most people don't think of... ;) good luck in your quest!

~Life & Light!~

Tish

Thanks Digit. I get up that way once in a while, good to know. I am in South Philly...not far from the ballparks. Are you in Bensalem?

Yes Jbren. There is also a large Indian market that I have been meaning to check out for some other oils. I went a few weeks ago but they have moved to another location. I hope to save some shipping costs. I'll let you know when I get by there.

Maybe the Giant stores around you have lard.

Digit