What to offer...

Crafty1

okay this is my first year at this so i am sure it is about that time to transition into winter items. i would like to know, what type of products do you all offer for your winter line. in other words, i know foot care items are popular for the warm months, do you also offer this during the colder months. i know we all should take care of our tootsies all year long, but everyone doesn't. so i just need a feel of what a normal winter product line would look like

I think (and this is just my opinion here) that what you will offer in your winter line will largely depend on what your customers are wanting :) A lot of what sold well during the summer will carry over and do equally well during the winter months. Ex: bar soaps; lotions; lip balm, etc. Some of the scents may change though.

During the summer/warmer months I sell more fruity & flowery scents. During the winter, these same scents still sell, but a little more slowly. They sell enough though that I have to keep them made. During the winter months I sell more spicy & food scents, like Plum Spice; Oatmeal Milk & Honey, etc. Same products as the summer - just different fragrances :)

During the winter months, holiday related items have also been very big sellers for me (gingerbread kid soaps, etc.) Also - bath salts, milk baths and other items that go in the tub are better sellers during the colder months - they don't do so well during the warmer months - at least not for me.

I also do a foot care kit that's offered year round - seems like customers want these during the summer months for their own foot care and during the winter months it's very popular for gifts. Gift baskets seem to do far better in the winter too. At least around here.

hth,

Lisa