Wax suggestion

I love the granular paraffin custom blend from my local supplier Candles and Supplies. It is called there "Hassle Free Production Blend" product id WAX-VB if you are interested. They have a website if you are interested in trying it and are not in the area of Quakertown, PA. I have been using it for a while now and I only have to do one re-pore.

If you do not mind mottling, or would not mind using additives, I have had good luck with re-poring with IGI-1313 and MP151 in votives at least, I have not used it for pillars yet.

I am relatively new at this myself, so I cannot really say I have a fav company for wax as of yet, I am still playing around with effects and such.

Also, just a question as this will effect your re-pores and I do not know how long you have been making candles, are you letting your votive/pillar cool all the way (or at least most of the was) back to room temp before doing your re-pore? I know when I first started, i would get to impatient and re-pore as soon as my votives had a thick ghosting on the top and I would have my second pore sink to much as well.

I do hope this helps.

It might help if you state what type of wax you'd like to try. Paraffin, soy or a blend. Your question is a bit too open.

What do the suppliers that are near you carry?? Maybe you can get feedback on what is readily available to you.

I personally haven't made pillars or votives, but love Ecosoya PB for my tarts.

HTH

Soy - I like the ecosoya PB - you can use it has a one pour but I repour once and then heat gun flat for smooth level tops.

I get mine from candlesandsupplies

Paraffin - I recommend CBL-141 from candlewic. This is a pre-blended wax. It has a smooth creamy finish. Takes color really well. Has a high FO load and throws really well too. You still have to repour 1 to 2 times.

I'm actually considering mixing the 2 above and seeing what that produces.

I prefer to use paraffin, as soy is not a big seller where I live.

It seems they sink as they get to room temp. I have been dabbling with candles for about 5 years, however this year I started to make more and sell them.

Alot of times I just buy the 11lb paraffin slabs from the local Joann Fabrics as they are the only place that sell candle and soap supplies locally, also I have been getting the wax from there for 40 percent off with the weekly coupons from the fliers.

I did recently buy some wax from Candlewic, its one that is on special right now: https://www.candlewic.com/store/Product.aspx?q=cParaffins,p1075

Thanks for the responses

Any suggestions on which wax to use for votives and pillars, I use a paraffin/beeswax blend now, and it seems I have multiple re pours as the wax cools.

You realize that you WILL have to do a repour with pillars, right? It's the nature of the wax. Now multiple repours.... that shouldn't be necessary. If you let it cool completely or dang near completely, one repour should do it. If the wax hasn't completely cooled down inside, then it isn't done shrinking. Then you'll not only have the repour shrink, but the main wax will continue to shrink as well. The hotter you pour, the more it will shrink too. You may have a slight dip even after the repour, but it's the bottom, no biggie to me.

Just some things to think about before changing waxes :)

Also which company do you prefer to buy from for wax?

Which ever one I can pick it up at or has the least expensive shipping from them to me if I must order it.