How to apply the grubby bumpy look by hand...

How do you apply the grubby bumpy look to pillars by hand..I know how to do the icing type way with a spoon or knife but how do you get that bumpy grubby look by hand and not just with a grubby mold?? Thanks!

Thought this was interesting from that second site:

"Add the 5 ounces of candle scent, and give a quick stir, just enough to have the scent oil blend with the wax. This is about 30 seconds.......not 10 minutes! Remember people, the heat is going to release the scent from the wax.....common sense is needed here."

just remember Jill, they're having you add that amount of oil to 10# of wax, not just a lil pour pot's worth...

:confused:

I don't understand what that has to do with only stirring for 30 seconds. Guess I can't argue with her, though, until I've tried it myself. I was taught to give a good two to three minute stir so it's one of those things from which I've never wavered.

I see what your saying, its was about the mix time not the amount of FO...

I always 'cook' my wax for 2 mins after all my additives have melted, to insure that my FO doesn't bind with they vybar, and then another 2 minutes after adding my FO.

Though some FOs do take a little longer to blend into the wax, like my Acorn Harvest from NG.

But who knows.. we all probably have a million different ways we do our thing.. but in the end if it *stinks* its a good thing...

----

Libby