Bath Bombs

WOW!! what fun, I've finally tried and hopefully succeeded at my first attempt at anything bath and body besides marrying two half empty lotions.

They are all mine, and what fun!

Now a question ...

If I make a bigger batch of bomb powder than I have room in my molds for, and it hardens while i wait for the stuff in the mold to set enough to unmold, can i just re-dampen it with the witch hazel, or is it just better left to be fuzzy bath powder?

And how long should i let them dry and set-up for before using them? since this is my first batch/set of them I really have no idea.

My bombs are a basic mix of BS, citric, color, FO and witch hazel...

You guys are all great, and really inspiring to make me ditch my candles for an afternoon to give this a shot... Though it just seems the two go together naturally...

Oh yeah... I added a pic of them freshly unmolded in the gallery...

----

Libby

Kaylor's Kreations

In my experience it's best just to leave it as fizzy powder. You could use them right away, but from a hardness standpoint I wait 12-24 hours.

I would make a half batch if you can next time. I use meatballers and ornaments so I only need one mold of each to make a bunch of bombs!

Are you saying that you leave them in the mold to dry?? I've never done that. I either use a meatballer or I've used a plastic easter egg and molded them one at a time. Pop them out of the mold (carefully) and set them to dry in an egg carton lined with paper towels (folded in each egg slot). Leave them dry for about a day and you are good to go. This way you use all of your mix up before it dries.

Glo

I'm using a lip shaped mold for my bombs, just like this one from NG:

mld-a10.jpg

I leave them in long enough to firm up and hold the shape. I think its something a bit different, and it's cute.

I'm thinking that if I do continue to develop a B&B line, that I'm going to aim at what I call the Sofisticated Child. Basically more or less us adults that are still kids at heart and want all the goodies that kids get, but with a grown up twist.

I'm loving the Kama Sutra FOs from NG. and with names like Dr. FeelGood and Misbehavin' how can one resist em in the first place!?

----

Libby