eugenia

Made my first lotion today, a very simple recipe:

Oil 12%

Cocoa Butter 2%

Shea Butter 2%

E Wax 3%

Stearic 2%

Water 80%

It feels very nice but was a PITA to get into the bottle, although it pumps just fine it was too thick to pour.

Do you pour your lotion warm, then let it set up in the bottle?

e

I never have mine warm because with the preservative I have to add it when the lotion is cold. I have found the easiest way to get lotion into a bottle/jar is to put it in a sealable baggie and then cut the corner and squeeze it out.

Yes, pour it warm and bang the bottle on the counter (with the lid/cap on unless you have a gentle touch).

You can also go the zip lock bag route (my favorite) but that may require some tapping, too.

I've started to bottle up my lotion warmer than I used to for that exact issue.

HTH

Pour it warm into the bottles, bang the bottles on the counter but leave the caps off until the lotion is cooled down and then put the caps on. If you put the caps on too soon you will get condensation trapped in the bottles.

Good point -- I put the cap on just to keep the lotion from fountaining up when I tap against the counter but then take it off to top off and cool.... didn't mention that part! :embarasse