Glitter Stuff

I've been all over the boards, n figured it would be easier to ask than continuing to read 80 more pages of information im not looking for.

A few years back i bought this glitter stuff, the bottom of the little compact calls it Eye Glossers or something like that. It's basically a glitter gel thats an eye make-up. I've never used it as that, i like to use it as body glitter, n I'm sure its what others do with it.

BUT.. what I'm wondering, is if i use just a touch of Aloe Vera Gel with body-safe glitter, if it would be thick like this stuff, or could i 'cook down' the gel to get a thicker product? would I have to put in a touch more preservative if i did that.

The original stuff I have is a little thicker than glitter glue but in a little compact, and obviously isn't glue...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

----

Libby

Kaylor's Kreations

Thats kind of a hard question to answer I think because most body glitters you see recipies for are really basic and as you mentioned, aloe gel and glitter. I wouldn't 'cook' it down just because I'd be afraid of killing anything that's in the gel already, preservative or healthy stuff. I'm not even clear just WHAT preservative is in the aloe it's self. I've seen the big jugs of it at stores and there are a few different concentrations, most of them say 'pure' aloe and don't list a preservative. But then, what is the other 1% if it's 99% pure??!! Water and no preservative?

Generally, adding glitter to aloe gel would not require additional preservative. But you still have to realize it's a natural product that won't last forever so handle it with care. If on the other hand you find an additive that will thicken it, I would then think you would be diluting the original preservative and would thus need to add more.

I HAVE seen an Aloe Gel that comes in thicker form, more concentrated... I think on either Brambleberry or MMS... i'm really not sure. But they have a regular and a thick. I think they also have a powder form that you can make thick simply by not adding as much liquid. Not sure if you need to add a preservative to that or not. But if you go this route, it might not be very economical given that it is usually younger girls that buy glitter gels. But if you want to market it to a more adult but fun loving kind of crowd, I would emphasize the 'good for your skin' part it might go over well if you put it out there as an upscale product.

But check out those sites, i'm sure you will find it. Or just try to do a search for 'Thick Aloe Gel'.

Good luck.

Blaze, thanks for the input.

the original stuff I have, I've had for a couple years now.. a little goes a long way with it. Especially since I only use it when I'm being fancy, n with my busting my booty on my candles n such n him working 11pm-7am, not much time for going out fancy very often.

I took a look at the back of one of the packages of glittery glossy stuff aimed at kids, but since most of us are kids at heart, would work for us too... its ingredients were more or less similar to the lip balm recipes I've seen floating around the recipe part of the board, candelilla, beeswax and a couple other basic ingredients. Though it was hard to tell without buying and opening it if the base was see through or a little milky like a balm.

Maybe I'll just keep my eyes and brain open and eventually as I'm a little more into B&B it'll come to me.

----

Libby

Kaylor's Kreations