Fairly new to candle making

Actually, really new. I have taken three classes at our local mall. I am very interested in pursuing this and tried my first soy batch on friday. Tested it this morning and noticed it has shrooms. I hate this. Not big ones. In fact, barely noticable. how much is too much when trying to "pass" a candle?

Welcome to the board, and welcome to candle making. I started because "someone" got me into it. And although that person wasn't really serious about it, I am. I am new too. I have been doing it about 3 or 4 months now. I love it. I have a few candles saved up now that have passed test burns. Good luck on your candles. What kind are you making?

I am only working with CBAdvance from BitterCreek. The instructor of my classes told me to only work with one type of wax, and one container at a time. Once you get that down you move on. I have only had one or two that don't mushroom but I want them all not to mushroom if you know what I mean. One of the ladies in the class says it's not that important but I disagree.

Welcome!!

Shrooms are a "personal preference" thing. I personally HATE them.

The type of wick and size you choose contributes to shrooms, as do FO's.

What type of wicks are you using with your CBA??

Have fun, and your instructor gave you good advice with "one wax one container"....

ETA: http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15182

There is a lot of very helpful info on this site. This link will let you see what others using CBA use for wicks and stuff. Happy reading!!