paraffin facial?

PSPjen

I had a potential client ask me if the wax that I order for candles can be used for a paraffin facial? A salon that she worked at back east did these. She tried to describe the process to me... lol I guess it is similar to using paraffin in a manicure. Thought I would check here!

Thanks!

Hmmmm, I'd consider the safety issues that might be involved, but other than a temporary tightening I don't see any redeeming qualities paraffin will add to the skin. I know it is suppose to help with carpel tunnel, but I think its more the heat than any thing else. I've seen soy candles used to burn a melt pool and then used as a lotion. Again there may be some safety factors to consider and I don't feel there are any true skin benefits in this regard either.

I know that there are facial paraffins in a lot of my salon catalogs, but just like hand paraffins, its a very short term benefit. Regular hand paraffin seems to get pretty hot, so I wouldnt want that on my face. I have had 2 different paraffin warmers at the salon and dont use them too often just because its a pain to use.