Does the age of the wax affect scent throw?

I'm testing J50 that I picked up in the classys. I believe the wax is a couple of years old because it appears to be the original Astorlite brand, not the new IGI. I'm using Peak's FO, Lilac and French Vanilla, at 6%, LX and HTP wicks. The throw seems pretty weak. I use the same FO in 4630 and get good throw. I keep reading that J50 has great throw so I am a little puzzled about this. Anybody ever have this experience? Thanks!

it may not be the wax.....every wax is not going to have a good throw with all scents....if you are getting better results with 4630 then stick with it.

Some people love J50...some love 4630....depends on the results of the testing.

Thanks for your input, mizbizzyb. I love the 4630 but just cannot get it wicked with certain scents because I can't get small enough wicks for my little jars. Thought I would try the J50. Last night I put a tester on a warmer to check the scent throw. This time the throw was good. I will burn my testers again and see what the throw is. Maybe I need a different wick. I tried the LX and HTP. Looks like I have more searching to do! Coconut