Anyone else experimenting with EOs in soy?

Hi all. I have been avidly reading the forums here and my head is spinning! :rockon:

Also my credit cards seem to be getting a workout. Must have the bug.

I purchased a good amount of FO's but also many essential oils just to goof around with since the concept of an aromatherapy candle intrigued me. My first attempt was Grapefruit oil and I wanted to share the result hoping I can get some feedback from others who may also be trying these great oils out.

1/2oz Grapefruit EO in 1lb EL Millenium wax added@150degrees poured @130degrees into warm containers, oven cooled. Florida climate. No dyes of course.

The oil immediately roped together and fell to the bottom of the pour pot when added to the wax. (Should I try polysorbate maybe?) I mixed it as best I could and poured.

My 1st test burn was 2 days later. (I know, too soon but I was impatient) Good burn but very very light smell, though true and not fuel scented. The last inch smelled stronger, closer to what I was looking for. I moved on to other obsessions for a while. I checked cold throw a week later, still disappointing.

3 weeks later I happened to open up one of the remaining 2 candles. The cold throw was delicious and 3/5 strong! I am test burning now and the hot throw is much improved also, although I'm detecting a hint of fuel smell. I would label the experiment a moderate success. :laugh2:

More oils to come as I have time (pesky job gets in the way), hopefully with pictures.

Hi will.

I am currently using the Golden Brands waxes (415/416/444/464). I've had great CT and HT results using this wax with a variety of different fo's when it comes to regular fo's.

After residing in my small town for almost 5 years, I finally decided to visit a local little co-op. Come to find out, they carry Aura Cacia EO's, the last thing I need right know is to find something else to test...lol...I thought I'd get my feet wet and try one scent to start with. I love citrus scents so I went with their "Sweet Orange", the one thing I'm concerned about with this scent is the fuel smell that I often get from citrus scents.

I know nothing about using EO's in soy wax. I need to start reading to find out what % is a good starting point.

Good luck and have fun with your testing!