Cream Soap ???'s

Kymber

I made cream soap the other day using Katherine Failor's book. I cooked it in a crock pot instead of double boiler. After cooking until it was translucent (about 3.5 hours), I turned off the pot and let it sit for 24 hours. Now according to her book it should get liquidy and you will need to supercream it to thicken it back up (pull the stearic back out). Well mine did not get liquidy in 24 hours. BUT letting it sit and rot for about 5 days it has started to get softer and softer (nowhere near liquidy). How important is the supercreaming?? I hate to do the cold supercream method with boric acid to have it thicken back up into a hard glob when it has taken 5 days to loosen up a bit already?? Right now it is a really thick, creamy blob that I can finally stir a little.

• 1 month later...

Doesn't look like you got any responses to this post. Did your cream soap come out OK? I have been reading up on making cream soap and have all the ingredients but I haven't tried to make it yet. I am thinking I will take the plunge in another week or 2!