Aroma bead question

Vio

I was thinking of trying my hand at making some ornies one day. I have found a few places that sell the beads at what seems like reasonable prices. Just how heavy are these beads? Like 1 pound, does it fill a gallon sized ziplock for instance? I have no idea what a pound is with these things. Like how many ornies can you make with a pound in the say 3"X3" range? Just trying to get a feel for what would be a little or a lot when it comes to how much a pound gives you.

I was thinking of trying my hand at making some ornies one day. I have found a few places that sell the beads at what seems like reasonable prices. Just how heavy are these beads? Like 1 pound, does it fill a gallon sized ziplock for instance? I have no idea what a pound is with these things. Like how many ornies can you make with a pound in the say 3"X3" range? Just trying to get a feel for what would be a little or a lot when it comes to how much a pound gives you.

A pound would be a good place to start if you're not sure you want to do them long term - you're only using on average 4 tsp of beads per ornie (3x3). Um, I haven't looked at mine in awhile, I'm thinking a lb would be less than a gallon size ziplock, though. Maybe 3/4 of one.

Btw, ornies are great - Love them! But they definitely are better in warmer weather - cold locks up the scent. Can't wait for summer so my car will smell great again!

It gives me some idea of what to expect. Since I'd have to pay shipping, want to make it worth it, but don't want to get too much. To me it's like trying to judge how many cotton balls you get to a pound. I mean they weight something, but about how much do you get in a visual sense. Thank you. :)

I wonder, can you refresh ornies? Like after you already melt them and the scent wears off, I wonder if you can get more out of them by soaking them again?

I just found the info on a site. It's now where I'm buying them from, but it says there's approximately 3 1/2 cups in a pound. :)

It gives me some idea of what to expect. Since I'd have to pay shipping, want to make it worth it, but don't want to get too much. To me it's like trying to judge how many cotton balls you get to a pound. I mean they weight something, but about how much do you get in a visual sense. Thank you. :)

I wonder, can you refresh ornies? Like after you already melt them and the scent wears off, I wonder if you can get more out of them by soaking them again?

Once they're baked, they lose their capacity to absorb any more oil so it's a one time gig :)