anyone blend 4627 with soy?

I've been playing around with adding soy to 4627 but haven't found the right % yet. I love the scent throw of 4627 wax but not fond of the way it looks in my jars. I tried soy @ 25% too and found the scent throw to be weaker than with 4627 alone. I'm testing a couple of candles this weekend @ 10% and 15% soy. Hoping one of those will work out. :D I don't know if that helps any but I'll let you know how the other ones work out. Good luck to you on your testing. Judy

I blend with soy, and started out that way from the beginning, although I did try straight 4627 for a few test candles and went right back to my blend since I couldn't really tell a difference in throw without the soy. For me, it seems easier to burn and wick, and my oils mix better for some reason. I guess it's just me.

I blend with soy, and started out that way from the beginning, although I did try straight 4627 for a few test candles and went right back to my blend since I couldn't really tell a difference in throw without the soy. For me, it seems easier to burn and wick, and my oils mix better for some reason. I guess it's just me.

Would you mind sharing what % of soy you are using? Pretty please. :D

I don't mind. I use a 70/30 at the moment. It seems to be working, so I'm afraid to mess with it. Let me know how it works for you.

*I did fiind out today, that if I heat to 190-195 and pour at 175-185 I get a crater next to the wick. If I heat to 175-185 and pour at 160-170 life is good. I was wondering what was causing the craters... then I realized I hadn't seen any craters at all until I was trying to get a rather nasty FO to blend last week and cranked up the heat and poured hotter than usual. Go figure.

Well, I'm still playing around with it. I get great throw at 9% but I consider it too high a % (and too spendy) so I'm working on reformulating the % of soy I use to get a kick butt throw with a smaller % of FO and still keep the great burn. I may have to back off of the soy completely and use straight 4627 and test my FO% till I get it adjusted lower than 9%. What % if FO are you using with no soy to get a great throw?

I really like this wax, but I swear it's kicking my butt!

Im using 1oz per pound

I do like this wax as do my customers....but to wick anything other then an 8oz jj Im pulling my hair out.

Im going to try like 10% soy and 90% 4627 tonight in a 16oz jar and see

keep your fingers crossed...

what are you wicking you 8oz jj with?

For my 8oz jj's I've had good burns with HTP 83, 93, 104's, and LX 14's and 16's all depending on the FO. CD 12's and 14's have worked with picky FO. Zincs just smoke to high hell. Now I'm just trying to decide what give the best throw between them. Unfortunately for me, at the moment I can't tell. I have to ask the men when they come into the house if they can smell anything. :D

Let us know how your testing goes, I'm curious to see what you find out. One thing I wanted to ask, do you cure your candles at all since they do have soy in them, or is it necessary?

I guess pouring at a different temp didn't really stop the wick craters after all and it remains a mystery. When I went in to check on my latest batch tonight, all but one had the wick crater. They aren't as bad but they're still there. Weird, weird, weird. I bought some of those round plastic wick holders made especially for 8oz jj's from BCN when I first started noticing the holes around the wicks, maybe it's pulling them too much? I'll go back to using my makeshift wick holders and see if that helps.

This wax is going drive me nuts.

hmmmI never have craters..I pour right at 175

I havent gotten around to testing more with soy...hopefully next week I will I will let ya know.

I have 2 shows this next week so I am just going to stick with what I do best...and thats wickless, 8ozjj, and votives.